Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Sometimes, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Sydrome have me beaten so far down that I cannot even imagine continuing the fight. Yet I know giving up is not an option, so I have to keep coming up with more and more tools in order to cope in these moments of vicious agony/bleak and dreary moods. My illnesses keep getting worse and worse, so I am always expanding this section of my life. My pain doctor deserted me the other day, so now I will have to cope with the fact that I currently do not have a medication prescribing physician. I know that EVERY girl/guy on here has had moments in their illness when it is completely overwhelming.
So I’m polling the group – what do you do when things get too bad?? Here’s what I do:
- Let myself cry until there are tissues everywhere and I have a swollen face.
- If possible, order takeout. Cooking on my poor painful knees is not a treat.
- SOME kind of pain-easer.
- Being by myself, as usually I am having too much emotional trauma to deal with being around others.
- Angry writing or painting.
- Only the funniest television – like Modern Family!
- Pillows to into which I can scream.
- Sleep anytime my body feels the capability.
- Twitter friends who understand.
- Concentrate on my breathing.
- Epically long bubble baths.
- Reaching out to others…and telling them that I can no longer do this alone.
Sometimes I am positive that there is no way that I am going to make it through the next minute in life. My body and spirit can feel completely unbearable. But then I find some beauty and remind myself of the people and things worth sticking around to see.
Keep fighting. It’s worth it.
This article is intended to convey general educational information and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional healthcare advice.